Drag chains play a protective role for cables and flexible pipes, ensuring easy and safe operation of machinery. The product is essential in the production and transportation lines of manufacturing businesses, factories, and small to medium-sized enterprises implementing automation.
There are two types of drag chains, which are steel and plastic drag chains, suitable for specific requirements. Steel drag chains are made of materials with high wear resistance and high strength, so they are durable and operate well in harsh conditions such as mining, smelting, or oil production. Some types of machinery that use steel cable chains include casting furnaces, steel structure equipment, machine tools, oil drilling rigs, etc.
Plastic drag chains have the ability to withstand high temperatures, good electrical insulation, and anti-friction between wires when machines operate continuously, making production movements smoother. In addition, plastic cable chains are lightweight and easy to package, transport, install, and remove. This product is widely used in CNC machines, laser engraving machines, electronic equipment manufacturing, the automotive industry, etc.
When it comes to the manufacturer who is specializing in the production and supply of cable chains, EKD Systems is a reliable partner with over 50 years of experience and is currently a subsidiary of HELUKABEL Group - a long-standing brand for electrical cables, control cables, and signal cables in Germany.
Please call +84 28 77755578 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or register for a free consultation on control cables, signal cables, etc with specialized engineers using the form below.
1. About EKD Systems
EKD Systems is a drag chains manufacturer, established in 1970. EKD Systems offers many types of cable carriers to the market, including two main types: steel and plastic cable carriers. Both product lines meet international standards and are suitable for many industries. In particular, HELUKABEL's subsidiary also specializes in producing specialized products such as connectors or support sets for all applications.
- Engineering: Already in the design phase ekd gelenkrohr can with a team of experienced engineers propose solutions in 2D and 3D models. On this basis, the final design can be specified. The earlier use of this know-how in design saves time and costs.
- Production: The production ranges from the production of injection molded plastic components, the milling of steel and aluminum components, edging and welding engineering to final assembly and packing of ready for connection energy chain systems. The partly decades of experience of specialized staff leads to the practical function and the high level of quality finished products.
- Quality Management: EKD Systems GmbH works with a certified quality management system according to ISO 9001: 2008 in development, production and distribution of energy chains and systems in steel and plastic. Purpose of this system is the sadisfaction of customer requirements. These requirements are implemented in the daily work and constantly developed to the customized needs of the company, the customers and the markets. The certification of the quality management system is reviewed and approved annually.
- Service: Besides manufacturing and supplying cable chains for applications, EKD also provides and designs chains according to customers' requirements for each application to optimize efficiency and cost.
3. Some types of drag chain products that we provide in specific groups below.
Steel link chain SLE
The SLE is available in steel, stainless steel and in hardened version. It can be supplied with hole stays (SLE and SLA), foam stays (SLS) and plastic dividers (SLP) and tube stays (SLR).
Industrial applications include machine tools, mills, special machines, wood machinery, and much more.
Large chain GKA
The GKA is used for large quantities of cables and hoses with large external diameters, as well as self-supporting lengths up to 18 m. The chain is also available in stainless steel quality V4A as well as in special versions.
Applications: mills, offshore, large machine tools and so on.
Plastic tube PFR
The PFR is suitable for short travels. Due to the closed design, a good optical effect is achieved. The tube is easy to shorten and lengthen.
The metal coated tube is optimally for use in the field of hot chips, weld spatter or sparks.
Applications: machine tools, welding machines, metal processing, etc.